Thursday, May 1, 2008

Recent Events

I haven't updated in a while, sorry.

It is becoming rather hot here. It has reached 27 degrees Celsius a few times in the last few days and that really sucks. I can deal with the cold a lot easier than the heat. Also it is hayfever season, I guess, and I seem to have developed allergies in the last couple years, so that is kind of miserable. The Japanese word for hayfever is kafunshou, 花粉症if you were wondering.

I had a couple of fun events in the last week. Tuesday was Showa Day, which is a national holiday, so I had it off, but one of the schools asked me to come to their taiikutaikai, 体育大会, which is basically a track meet but with crazy relay races, too. So, I went to that, and it was a lot of fun, but I forgot my sunscreen and so I got sunburnt. It wasn't too bad, but I've been red for the last few days, though it doesn't hurt any more.

On Thursday, that same school and two other ones had an ensoku, 遠足, which is just a long walk, basically. It was like a field trip day, where we all walked from one of the schools to a big park and spent the rest of the school day playing various games and whatnot. On Thursday night, the staff of those schools had a party thing that I went to and that was fun, too.

Today I am just sitting at the BOE, pretty much doing nothing. It's alright and I was pretty tired, anyway, plus my supervisor just gave me a piece of chocolate, which was nice.

Up next is Golden Week, which is a series of holidays here, during which everyone goes on vacation, so I'm going to be avoiding the roads. I hear that travel afterwards is really cheap, which makes sense, but we'll have to see about that. I will probably just be catching up on sleep on my days off. Later!

No comments: