Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fun Times

I had some fun last weekend. Went to a party for the folks leaving, which was alright. More importantly, the next day I was in Izumo and saw the new Indiana Jones movie at an actual movie theater in an actual mall. I was surprised because I had heard that it was terrible, but it turned out to be at least as good as Temple of Doom. I mean, the ending was kind of dumb, and there was occasionally some cg that had me almost shaking my fist at George Lucas (this was obviously his main contribution), but on the whole, it was a fun movie that kept with the tone of the original trilogy.

Also at this mall, I bought a new swimsuit. I saw some teachers with swimsuits that have shirts with them, and I wanted one, as I've been sunburnt too many times. Also they just kind of look cool. So, anyway, I got a new black one (or rather two new black ones, as the pieces are separate), and I look pretty awesome in it. Or so say the teachers, who all said I look 格好いい, kakkouii.

A lot of the schools have pools here, so the kids have swimming as part of their PE and I get to swim with them. So, that's neat. Summer vacation starts for the kids this weekend, which is a long weekend. Monday is umi-no-hi, or Marine Day, which is a ridiculous made up holiday. I'm not sure what exactly I'm going to do yet. Probably just die in the heat and humidity.

No comments: