Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Orientation Day 3

Today is basically a day off. Apparently it is commuter orientation day, so there are a bunch of local noobs running around, I guess. I had to go in to campus to talk to financial aid about why they sent a letter outlining a different package to me. It turns out that everything is cool, it's just that some stuff is run through the department or doesn't count as financial aid so much as a salary, so once they figured out what it all meant, nothing really had to be done. Other than that, I spent some time reading about eigenvectors and listening to some new freshmen (I guess) talk about the health care reform "debate." Now I'm back enjoying the wonderful hospitality of the microtel. There is a bed-like thing right under/beside the window. I am not sure if it is actually a bed, but it seems designed for people to lie on it. I'm not clear why this is included unless these rooms can be used by three people cramming in here. It is a mystery!

Update: I may be TA'ing for an upper-level stats class now? That could be bad as I only took stats one time, four years ago, and it was both my weakest and least favorite math class. We shall see, I guess.

No comments: