Monday, November 19, 2012

Bob

Whew.  I just got home (office, actually) from a Bob Dylan concert!!!  I'm still pretty excited so this probably won't be that coherent a post.  Anyway, the opening act was Mark Knopfler (formerly of the Dire Straits), who was pretty awesome and had a rocking band behind him.

Bob was awesome as ever, and did his usual changing around his songs so much from the album versions that it takes you a bit to figure out what he's up to.  It's great when the crowd catches up and starts woo-ing at one of their favorites.  In case you are wondering, here's an incomplete set list, not really in order:

You Ain't Goin Nowhere
It's All Over Now, Baby Blue (the arrangement on this threw me at first)
 Tangled Up In Blue (totally reworked, basically a new verse's worth of lyrics)
Early Roman Kings
Rollin' and Tumblin'
Chimes of Freedom (crazy different arrangement from anything I've heard before)
Things Have Changed
Highway 61 Revisited
Desolation Row (!!!)
Thunder on the Mountain
Ballad of a Thin Man (trippy echo effect going on this one)
Like a Rolling Stone
All Along the Watchtower (simply mindblowing)
and as an encore...
Blowin' In the Wind

I'm probably missing one or two.  But, by me and my friend's count, there were four (4!!!) tracks from Highway 61 Revisited.  That's pretty great, and each one was really a great version.   I have to say I was surprised that there were no tracks from Blonde on Blonde, but I can't complain about the set list at all.  It's almost surprising that there were no tracks from Infidels, since he had Knopfler with him, although they didn't play together.  Anyway, that's it for now.   :D

2 comments:

Sarah Mac said...

Congratulations, Jeff!

I V . said...

I really like your blog!

Keep up the great work, I'm following you!