Friday, June 29, 2007

Pasokon


Man, I am posting like the dickens, but I'm sure this will die off soon. There's only so much to say about walking a dog. So, anyway, I got my new computer today. It's an Apple MacBook, which I got specifically for going to Japan. For anyone who happens upon this blog and feels the need to tell me that there are only like four Apple stores in all of Japan and I should have gotten a PC, don't bother.

Despite those annoying Apple commercials in which the hyper-groovy Mac guy and the hyper nerdy PC guy (actually the very funny John Hodgman) try their best to irritate me so much I will never purchase a Mac, I got one. A certain somebody very much wanted me to get one, as she has one, and video chat should be easy between the two. That's good enough for me, plus I'm getting a little tired of the undeletable spyware on my current PC which keeps telling me I need to download more undeletable spyware to remove other, nonexistent spyware.

So in an effort to bring this blog up to speed with all you internet hep cats, here is a picture of my new Apple and an old apple from the fridge that turned out to be very tasty; guess which one will connect to my wireless network here at home?

The answer is neither of them. At least the apple on the right was delicious. The one on the left just gives nondescript error messages. I managed to get it to connect to the network, or at least it says so, but it says it can't connect to the internet. This is probably hogwash and I'm guessing it is just stupid. But, whatever, I don't really need it to do that at home; it would just be nice. Say what you will about PCs, at least their error messages are cryptic, just strings of numbers that will take you to a possibly helpful web page. These Macs just refuse to admit that they are wrong. Ah, well, at least it's pretty.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

now we can do video chats and you can take ridiculous pictures with iphoto! i literally spend hours and hours on iphoto! congrats on the new comp!

Unknown said...

how does it know my name!?!??