Thursday, July 12, 2007

Typical Blog Update

In the interest of not letting my craptacular blog lie fallow, so to speak, here's an update about what I do every day.

I generally get up between 9 and 10 in the morning. Sometimes I eat sugary cereal for breakfast, but we are out of generic fruity pebbles now, so that will probably stop. I noticed tonight, though, that the box has a cut out pirate ship to construct on the back. It might be worth my time, so we'll see. The reason for the pirate ship is that the cereal is somehow pirate themed. If I decide to make this ship, there will be a whole update about it.

I generally turn on the tv after getting up to see what show SciFi is running a mini marathon of that day. Sometimes they show boring programs that I don't recognize, but there's always the chance it will be the classic Twilight Zone. Having seen all those, though, I keep hoping for some Dr. Who, which I've sort of recently come to enjoy. Mostly I like the strangeness of it all, especially the Daleks screaming, "EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!" Occasionally G4 or somebody else will show old Star Trek or Star Trek:TNG in the morning, and that's usually good, too. I especially like the terrible episodes of TOS where they go to a planet inhabited solely by gangsters or nazis or anything else that is poorly thought out.

There's always the chance I'll walk the dog in the morning, but generally it is too hot for that, and he mostly sleeps in the morning if you let him. If nothing's on the tv of interest, I usually read things on the internet. Every day, Something Awful has a new update, so I read that and whatever features are new. It's not exactly for interweb n00bs, so all three of my readers probably wouldn't enjoy it. Fark and Digg are both good time wasters. The threads are hilarious if you are into watching idiots flame each other. Fark tends to update a little slower, but most of the "stories" that make the front page of Digg are about Linux, Ubuntu, Mozilla, Apple, and internet president-to-be Ron Paul. Also not for the faint of heart.

Well, that gets you to about lunch and this update is getting sort of long, so we'll just leave it at that for now.

No comments: