Sunday, September 23, 2007

Bargain Shopping

I know what you guys want; you can't live without more updates about what I eat here. It's raining heavily today, so there really isn't much else to do with this day off. I usually shop at a little grocery story called the A-Coop (that's ko-oh-pu to Japanese people), and they usually have various stuff on sale, so I often cater what I am going to eat around what happens to be on sale. Here's a picture of stuff that was on sale:



The brown box is more of the natto that I like, which was actually on sale before, I just didn't mention it. The can is of mikan, mandarin oranges. Fresh fruit tends to be super expensive, though I got some bananas on sale the other day, so a lot of the fruit I eat is from cans. I'm aware that that means there is a lot of extra sugar, but whatever. The red box is instant curry. The people at the store probably think I eat nothing but instant curry, which is only semi-accurate.

Oh, here's another picture:



That's soba, which are buckwheat noodles. It was on sale a while back, so I bought some. Actually, I didn't look when I bought it, but I noticed the other day that it's Izumo soba, which is cool because Izumo is around here and is famous for soba. It still just tastes like buckwheat noodles, but maybe Japanese people have more refined tastes here. I have no idea. Anyway, I eat it cold with a sauce that I think is soy-based and some furikake, which is just dry stuff you put on it. You are actually supposed to put it in the sauce, which is called tsuyu, and put little shreds of seaweed, I think wakame on top of the noodles, but buying the seaweed is a waste and I don't really care. So, it's alright, and I'm sure healthy. That's it for now.

1 comment:

Potomac Rubella said...

Dude, you got to stop posting pictures of curry rice. It's been months since I've had any and I'm getting ureyamashi.