Monday, October 13, 2008

A Field Guide to Mountain Flowers


This is the start of a wonderful adventure.







White flowers.
More flowers.

Very small yellow flowers.

Little red berries.

Little yellow flowers.

Little white flowers.

Long purple flowers

Little purple flowers

Spiky alien-looking purple flowers.
Light purple flowers.

These things.

More of these things.

Yeah, I hiked up a mountain on Sunday. It was glorious. But there's more to it than flowers. There are also ponds.


Some of them have carp in them.

Others have lilies.

There are also shrines.


And there are trees.



It's nice being up high, but it's also nice here down in the cleared rice fields.

5 comments:

the j link said...

but where are Bub and Bob?

Pam G. said...

Someone told me that today, October 16th, is your birthday. I just wanted to stop by and wish you a very Happy Birthday with many more Happy Birthdays in your future yet.

You have many great photos on your blog. Thanks for sharing them.

IL2VA said...

Hope your birthday went swimmingly. Your birthday gave me a great excuse for taking the day off work yesterday, so I figured that I should at least send you a message today, in thanks, if for no other reason.

Hot Topologic said...

I can only assume Bub and Bob finally managed to rescue their respective girlfriends and got turned back into humans. I think that is the story?

Hot Topologic said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everybody, and for the compliment on the photos. I am using the strategy that every student knows of putting pictures into things to make them longer.