Friday, October 16, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

Happy Birthday to me. Internet identity thieves don't steal this information about me.

Sort of unrelated things that I'd like to post about. I spent 9-5 yesterday grading an exam with the professor of the class. Today I will probably grade some labs. Hooray.

But, when I got back, my roommates and I had taco night and they also bought an ice cream cake, all of which was great. Thanks also to ma for the gifts.

Two days ago, though, was huge. Guess who came to campus? I will tell you since I can't hear your guesses, anyway. George Takei. That's right, Mr. Sulu! He is also on Heroes, I guess. A Japanese person told me I spoke better than he did, though, which is hilarious.

Regardless, he is awesome and it is crazy to see and hear him in person. That voice! He was mostly there talking about the gay marriage thing, but also about his time spent in internment camps as a kid and of course a bit about Star Trek. There was a too-short period for questions, where a few people asked about Obama, etc., but the highlight was a hugely nerdy dude asking about Star Trek who even mentioned a specific episode ("Mirror, Mirror") in his question.

Live long and prosper!

3 comments:

j1048576l said...

no need for golden birthdays - it's your sequential-squaresth. that's the 16th and your 25th, btw. if only you were a septemberer, you could be sequential and pythagorean... nerd alert. anyway, omedato-, right? rock it.

Hot Topologic said...

I can't wait for my 36th!

kilgore said...

A-ha! Now that I have acquired your date of birth, I will use this thieved information to...sign you up for the Chipotle birthday club? Spam you with gift offers you can buy yourself? Hm. I need to do a little more thinking about what better illicit uses there are for this information.