Saturday, October 17, 2009

SNL

I haven't watched SNL in years, but since I don't have much else to do except linear algebra homework, I figured I might as well check in and see how it's doing. I have to say that it's pretty alright and that I would probably enjoy it quite a bit if I were still fourteen years old. There are still completely unoriginal talk show skits, but even the best generations of SNL casts did those, so I can hardly count those against this batch.

My only real complaint is Kristin Wiig. She's so painfully unfunny that she managed to be overshadowed by the straight man in a sketch where she was pretty much the whole joke. She seems to be from the Molly Shannon school of weird voice = funny, right guys? I continue to be mystified by critics' love for her since she seems entirely devoid of talent.

On the plus side, Shakira's performances are so horrendous that that they are funny.

Edit: I forgot to mention that either these Bud wheat beer commercials are way off the mark or I am old beyond my years. They are terrible and make me want to drink this new beer less, which is saying quite a bit.

No comments: