Tuesday, February 19, 2008

新商品の日

As you may have noticed, I like Japanese food. In fact, you may say I love it. Then again, you may not, but I can't hear you, anyway, because I'm in Asia and you probably aren't. The weird thing about Japanese food, at least as someone who hasn't been eating it for all his life, is that you really want bread. It's weird because I eat almost no meat, but I don't want that constantly. I actually love eating fish and soup and weird crap like that for breakfast, but nothing tastes better than bread. Just bread. Which brings me to my point: tuesdays are sweet. Why? Because they are new stuff day (the title of this post) at the local convenience store.


That flat, segmented worm-looking thing is an awesome danish thing. I think I am addicted to them. Usually they have two kinds, cream and ogura, which is just an (sweet bean paste), but today they had a new kind, which is an AND green tea cream stuff. The beer in the glass didn't come from that beer can in front there. That's not a trick of perspective, just a tiny phone charm in the shape of a can of Yebise The Hop, which I've already mentioned on here. The beer itself is just normal Yebisu, which I usually don't buy because it is more than the other kinds and not outstanding, though I know some people who swear by it. I couldn't resist the little can. The completist in me wants the whole set of four mini cans, but the only one I could see was this one, which is probably for the best.

On a semi-related note, any time I go to the convenience store, there is someone there reading the magazines. I think it is the main source of entertainment here.


These are the strawberry cream valentine's peeps my ma sent. Thanks again, ma. They are probably better than the vanilla ones, too!

2 comments:

Marisa said...

I hope your excellent heater didn't melt your hearts.

Hot Topologic said...

No, only you do that.