Saturday, June 28, 2008

Fun Stuff

Fun stuff that I did this week:

On Thursday, we planted Shiitake mushrooms. How do you plant mushrooms, you may ask. Well, you drill holes into logs and then hammer in these weird little peg looking things. All the kids at the school I was at did it (all sixteen of them), in addition to most of the teachers and me. I have pictures, but they're not conveniently on my computer yet, so I won't post them, at least not right now.

On Friday, the school I was at went with a bunch of the other schools to watch a play. It was a very Japanese thing, with the performers carrying big origami animals, but still conveying the motions and emotions of the animals with their movement and facial expressions. They also had very novel ways of making animal sounds. The story was really a lot of short stories about various animals put together, telling the story of a mountain through the four seasons. Also, the obsession with four seasons is a very Japanese thing. It was excellent.

That's all I've got right now.

No comments: