Sunday, June 22, 2008

Hosting, Toasting, and Coasting

I roll and I tumble, I sleep the whole day long.

Seriously, I just woke up after a nap. It's so weird waking up at times that aren't the morning. It's about 7:30 here and the frogs are out. Crazy.

Anyway, last night I went up to Matsue to be one of the hosts at a bar. It's a bar that is owned by a foreigner and a lot of the people who patronize it are foreigners. Last night they had a host night, which is where ladies pay an extra fee for the chance to talk to dudes who actually dress up. They also buy the hosts' drinks. I can't for the life of me understand why someone would want to do this, but whatever, it works for me. I think at this bar it is mostly Japanese women who want to practice their English, so I guess that makes sense. It was fun.

Today I basically didn't do anything but managed to fall asleep from it anyway. So there's that. I'm done.

No comments: