Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Commencing Holiday Sequence

Tomorrow (for me, if not for you) is Thanksgiving (for Americans, if not Canadians), which kicks of the holiday season. I don't really get how that works, since basically there are no holidays between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but the holiday season lasts until the first few days of January, so let's say about January 4th. Of course, Thanksgiving is variable as to the day, but this year seems as good as any for an estimate, so the holiday season lasts roughly November 27th-January 4th. That's 4+31+4 = 39 days. If we average that, it is 13 days/holiday. If we look at other holidays, we see how absurd that is. We don't put on costumes October 18th. At least most of us don't. You could argue that these three (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's) are generally bigger holidays, but Thanksgiving is basically just an excuse to eat, and New Year's is basically just an excuse to drink. Also, Thanksgiving is based on a story that isn't true, and Christmas is based on a story that is at best partially true and set at the wrong time of the year.

But, all that nonsense aside, one thing is almost certain about the holiday season. That is, colds. I have a cold now, which probably has something to do with the fact that I spend all day talking to/shaking hands with/ wrestling little kids, who are basically snot factories. But, whatever, it is totally worth it. I have some medicine that I got for free (from a doctor, even!) but I can only take it at night because it makes me drowsy. So, in order to keep going, I've adopted the strategy of drinking vitamin C because I think it somehow helps fight colds. I have no real idea. That's why I bought this:


This bottle of C.C. Lemon (guess what it tastes like?) claims to contain 210 lemons' worth of vitamin C. According to the nutrition facts, that's 4290 mg. I've already drunk half the bottle today, so that's 2145 mg. The recommended dietary allowance is around 40-90 mg/day. Apparently the maximum is 2000mg, though it's not toxic or anything. We'll see what happens, I guess.

One other thing about the holidays. Apparently, it is becoming fashionable for blogs to post Christmas lists. If anyone out there wants to get me something here is what you should do:

1. Write down the price of whatever thing you want to send me.

2. Make out a check for the amount in step one (1) and send it to:

John Link Benefit Fund
370 Interlocken Blvd., Suite 400
Broomfield, CO 80021

3. If you are so inclined, let me know how much you sent.

I DO NOT WANT ANYTHING OTHER THAN THIS. If you send me anything, I will have to take it with me when I return to the states or mail it ahead of time which is sort of costly and annoying. Also, I just don't want anything unless you have a lot of peace on earth and goodwill towards men sitting around.

2 comments:

j1048576l said...

I don't even know what to say; you're unbelievable.

Hot Topologic said...

No, it's no thing. I seriously just don't want anything. Hopefully somebody reads this update. I think you are one of about five people who will.