Monday, August 9, 2010

Camden Yards

It's been a bit since my last update, so how about a short one. Over the weekend, I went down with two of my roommates to Baltimore, where we met up with Eric to take in an Orioles vs. White Sox game. Camden Yards, or rather, Oriole Park at Camden Yards, is a nice ball park, pretty large and very clean. It also has nice views of the city, if you are facing away from the field, with no walls to obscure your view, at least at the upper levels. I should have some pictures, but I have not received them as of now. Anyway, the White Sox, who are in a division race, beat the O's, who are only in a race in the purely mathematical sense of it is theoretically possible that they win something like 90% of their remaining games and all other teams in their division do horribly from here on out. So, Eric was happy with that. Baltimore fans seem pleasant, knowing that their team is pretty bad, and didn't mind sitting with a St. Louis fan, a White Sox fan, a Phillies fan, and a Yankees (boo!) fan. Afterwards, we enjoyed some Chicago style pizza near the park. I know that's weird. Next stop, NY, NY!

2 comments:

PopsArmstrong said...

So what ballparks have you been to so far, and what teams have you seen?

Hot Topologic said...

Not that many, just old Busch stadium, Wrigley, Citzens Bank (I think; the Phillies' park), and now Oriole Stadium. I can't recall all the teams. Unfortunately, the NY trip had to be postponed, but I should shortly be heading to PNC park in Pittsburgh.