Thursday, December 17, 2009

L&0S19

As I mentioned in a previous post, one of the things that rocks about time off is time to catch up on tv shows I may have missed. I just finished season 19 of Law & Order, which deals on and off with McCoy's run for DA and the almost comically corrupt governor trying to make deals with him, helping out his opponent, and eventually resigning after his ridiculous scandals catch up with him. It is artfully done all season and I have to hand it to the writers of the show. They may lack some subtlety, but the way they managed to string that story out in bits across the whole season is pretty great.

Lupo and Bernard are quickly becoming my favorite detective pair. It is hard to say that they're better than Brisco and Green, but they're up there. They have great chemistry despite them both being smart mouths. I'm kind of glad that they didn't do too much with Lupo and Rubirosa or a possible romance between Cutter and Rubirosa. She's fantastic and is now either my #1 or #2 favorite ADA. Cutter's alright, what with his ridiculous legal theories that somehow work out, but I have to say they are being very generous with the convictions given the evidence that he uses all the time. Also it kind of annoys me that he was promoted over Rubirosa, who, as I mentioned, is great, and has a very fun name to say, to boot. Alright, that's it. On to season 20 or maybe some zombie movies.

No comments: