Friday, December 11, 2009

Watching TV

One of the good things about break is watching tv. Usually it is terrible, actually, but I just happened upon a rerun of the Monk finale, which I hadn't seen. I have to say that it seems like a cheap way to end the show to suddenly introduce his wife's daughter, and the false suspense of will he survive the poison and all that. Also lame that the killer wasn't a major character, at least, it wasn't anybody that I knew from what little I had watched of the show. The ending song, however, is pretty good. It seems kind of weird in that only one character is actually leaving. When shows end, I think it is customary for the characters to go their separate ways and then their nostalgia makes sense. In this one, though, only the viewers are really aware that it is an ending, so why would the characters get weird? Whatever, I just wanted to find that song.

2 comments:

PopsArmstrong said...

I thought that was wierd too, only Randy leaving. What was the point of that? And I was convinced Trudy's killer was going to be Monk's former assistant, Sharona. It would have made a much better story. SHows how much I know!

Hot Topologic said...

It was a fairly disappointing ending, but seeing it made me look up the Star Trek Voyager finale, since I couldn't remember seeing it. That's another pretty lame ending to what started out as a decent show. They finally get home and they're met by Reg Barclay, and then they cut to credits like 30 seconds later...boo.