Friday, April 17, 2009

Mochi Maki Pictures

I mentioned that I didn't try for mochi because I was trying to take pictures/movies with my phone. Enjoy some of the pictures.

The house was at this point in construction and probably still is, so I'm not sure why they chose to do it the day they did. I really don't know much about the tradition, but whatever. Here you can see the kids messing around in front of the skeletal house waiting for their chances to win fabulous rice cake with maybe some money inside!


You can see the adults are also getting into the milling around.

It was quite the turnout, really.

This little dude took my phone and started taking a bunch of blurry pictures despite not being able to read the English, so the credit for at least some of these photos goes to him.


Some originals by the kid. He's a fourth grade student of mine.

This one shows some talent, I think. On to the main event...







Ha ha, pretty nice camera work, eh?

1 comment:

kilgore said...

ME WANT RICE-CANDY-TYPE MATTER!