Wednesday, June 3, 2009

懐かしいな〜

Recently I was digging around on my computer for something to listen to and I rediscovered a couple tracks from the days of Nerd Bowl. Thanks to Mr. Link for a couple of these, which led me to another couple.

Maynard wails away revival style.

Andy would be proud.


The right CHS? No, they are way too good, but a man can dream...

Inexplicably fun to play, even if you don't exactly have Jaco with you.

I think only I liked this song, but thanks to Karen for the tape. It might still be the best birthday present I've ever gotten.

We never did quite get this one right, but it was always interesting.

This one never even resembled the original form, no matter how many times Mr. G would run through it with us note by note.

The intersection Kool 95 (maybe? help me out, John!) and CHS jazz band, although I always like this number better, for never having played it.

I've been messing with this song on piano for no reason and it still sounds terrible, probably in no small part to my refusing to arrange moving parts beforehand.

Which leads me to a non-pep band song (there is no real transition) which I've also been messing with. This is maybe the best band ever, by the way.

Anyway, good luck with therapy and thanks for the memories, buddy!

7 comments:

kilgore said...

Why does basically any visual representation of the 80's frighten me so much? I'm going to have nightmares about that Baltimora video tonight. I hope nothing from that decade ever comes back into style. Well, except for more people like me being born, of course.

PopsArmstrong said...

I swear that's Nad Leo in the CHS playing The Horse video!

PopsArmstrong said...

I mean ANDY Leo (typo)

PopsArmstrong said...

Hey, don't sell yourself short, Your version of Sir Duke did too resemble Stevie's.

j1048576l said...

ick, pep (slash jazz) band train wrecks galore. the world needs a lot more jaco and shirts, and a lot less soprano sax.

kool 109.9? 103.3 klou (diggin' the smash)? 95 would be classic rock, kshe. 101.9 was preset two in the van, right after the cd player.

j1048576l said...

btw, for engrish bonus points, that's "Bosom or abortive grain -"

kilgore said...

I actually kind of like Nad Leo. I think I'll call him that from now on.