Thursday, June 25, 2009

Eat, Drink, etc.


Check it out. New Fanta Cider, which is zero calories and somehow reminds me of Red Flash even though the taste is totally different. And, Pepsi Shiso! A good way to leave Japan since I apparently just missed Cucumber Pepsi on the way here. Shiso is some kind of leaf that appears in Japanese food. This was rockin' good. I basically never drink soda, so this was kind of weird, but I couldn't resist something green to drink. It's quite the opposite of ma, I guess.


Coffee-flavored jelly that you are supposed to drink. I don't know how, since I had to scoop it out of the bottle. This was part of my juice or not juice quiz for my English conversation class. Juice, or juusu, is a loanword into Japanese, but it's used for all sorts of non-juice things, so I was testing my students to see if they could tell what qualifies as juice in English. The answer is not really, but I expected that. Everyone here is surprised to hear that Calpis is not what an English speaker would consider juice.


New beer! Quoting, Kirin's KOKU NO JIKAN delivers you a great harmony of refreshing and full body taste.


Probably I already posted this, but that's actually donkey meat. Thanks, Italy.

Those last couple of pictures are dark because the light in my bedroom has been broken for a couple months, but the electrician just replaced it today at (hopefully) the taxpayers' expense.

Tonight I ran into the same little kid at the convenience store, and he again gave me a great recommendation on snacks, this time some rice crackers. Some other kids showed me the stag beetles they had just bought. This place is great.

Last but not least, congrats to Rayfro on his upcoming marriage.

4 comments:

kilgore said...

IS939 - Bizarro Pepsi!

Sarah Mac said...

Cucumber pepsi sounds like a brilliant idea. Donkey meat and coffee jelly - not so much.

Marisa said...

that pepsi looks AWESOME! sorry about the other day when you called. I was using the internet and I was being haggled. Call back if you can and if not i will talk to you again soonish.

Hot Topologic said...

Yeah, dnL was the greatest. Nice reference.

Donkey meat was ok. It was actually a sauce of mostly donkey meat. Coffee jelly had that weird taste like something you shouldn't eat even though the container says so, but mostly just coffee flavored. I forgot to mention that jelly, or "zeri" in Japan means something more akin to Jello than actual jelly.