Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bubble

What is this John and Kate thing? I have no idea actually. From what I can gather it is some sort of tv show about kids or people with kids or something. People keep referencing it on shows that I actually watch and there are news stories or opinion pieces or whatever about it that I don't read but see on news websites. I could just google search, I'm sure, but I actually don't want to know. One of the little known benefits of living overseas is that the effort it takes to stay in contact with the US makes you basically immune to whatever stupid culture stuff is going on there. Also, the effort of trying to figure out Japanese tv, etc., makes you basically immune to the stupid stuff here, too. It's fantastic and I'm going to miss the ease with which one can live in a bubble, protected from all the stupid, here. Actually, nobody tell me what it is because I don't want to know.

2 comments:

kilgore said...

I actually just tweeted that the only good thing to come from the passing of Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson this week is that it has provided a respite from wall-to-wall coverage of Jon and Kate, who I care about zero.

PopsArmstrong said...

Don't feel to bad (or good) about it, Jeff. I also had no clue what it was all about. I kept seeing headlines on the supermarket tabloids about John and Kate, and assumed they were movie stars, I mentioned to Mom once that I had no idea who they were. She didn't know either, but whenever she mentioned it to anybody, they would immediately launch into a full explanation.