Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Good News, Everyone!

Everyone likes getting mail, I think. For some reason it is so much better than email or phone calls or instant messages. It probably has something to do with it being so tangible, but maybe it has something to do with the effort. So, I'd like to thank Emily! K, even though she won't read this for sending me some wonderful mail, one small envelope containing a card, and in that card, another, smaller envelope with yet another card, and so colorful all the way through. :-)

Also in the mail was an acceptance letter from LSU, so maybe I will go there. I don't know, but it's a relief to get at least one acceptance. So, I'd also like to thank Americans' (probably most of the world's people's) general disinterest in math for making my applications look good. :-)

7 comments:

IL2VA said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Yes, congratulations! I assume LSU is Louisiana State?

Hot Topologic said...

Thanks, yeah, that's Louisiana State.

kilgore said...

At least there you would surely be able to keep a diet high in seafood. Less fish, though, and more crawdads.

Anonymous said...

Yes, and according to the 90 second naturalist this morning, fish really is brain food. (Evolutionary biology blah blah something something.)

Hot Topologic said...

I have heard that. But I will have to go back to eating bread, I think. If my tastes have changed to Japanese, then normal bread will taste "sour" to me.

PopsArmstrong said...

Congratulations! I hear Baton Rouge is lovely in the summer, sort of like Japan!