Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Refreshment

Hey. What's up? I know it's a day or two late, but look at this:

I mixed green food coloring in with some pancake mix and tried to form it into a shamrock shape. I had the pancake mix because I was supposed to have a cooking class with a class of fourth graders a few weeks back, but they all had the flu, so it was cancelled.


The delicious green results. Japanese people think pancakes are candy, not breakfast, so Japanese pancakes are sort of too sweet, but it was still pretty alright.


I made some spaghetti a while back, too, so I thought I should have some wine with it, but that plan was hindered by my disliking wine. Instead I bought this "Italian Screwdriver" in a can that looks prettier than it tastes. It wasn't terrible, but the flavor was just sort of undirected sweetness. I also bought a can of some Italian citrus drink which I drank a few days later but didn't take a picture of, and that was way better. It tasted like Squirt.


Speaking of good drinks, here's Yebisu's new (?) white can beer. I don't remember what it was called and I can't find the can so I probably already recycled it. Very nice.


Asahi Cool Draft was pretty alright. Wasabi Mayo Doritos were better.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy St. Patrick's day. pancakes looked good, but they would have looked better if they were accompanied by green grits :)

IL2VA said...

mmm...artificial screwdriver in a can...sounds...interesting.

Hot Topologic said...

Thanks, Chelsea. Unfortunately, I don't have any cute girls here to make me green grits. :-(

Hot Topologic said...

It was an artificial ITALIAN screwdriver. I have no idea what an Italian screwdriver is supposed to taste like or what it is made of, but hopefully not like what was in that can.