Friday, March 20, 2009

I Do Not Know My Own Strength

I was just brushing my teeth and snapped the head off the toothbrush. What's up now, plastic?!?!

Enjoy these pictures of spring flowers.



These were all taken on a little path up a hillside (mountainside? I am not sure of the cutoff for mountains) near my house. Spring is finally here after a couple intermittent bonus rounds of winter. The timing is good, as today is vernal equinox day. It was like 16 degrees or so today. To convert to Fahrenheit, just think back to Algebra. Conversion is necessarily linear here, so you just need two points to figure the conversion. The obvious points are f(0) = 32 and f(100) = 212, but any will do, including everybody's favorite f(-40) = -40. The rest is left to the reader as an exercise.

On an unrelated note, I went to a graduation yesterday (Thursday here). I didn't really have to do anything, but it was nice to be included with the staff, as opposed to the guests. It doesn't really matter either way, but it's nice that people think I am contributing, at least. After that, I had the rest of the day free to either stay at the school or go back to the BOE, neither of which would involve any actual work, so I stayed and talked to the principal, who is a cool dude with all sorts of knowledge. We talked about all sorts of stuff and I played piano, which he seems to really enjoy. He said I should play background music at a bar or something because I can string together jazz chords. That would be a dream job for me, by the way, so if anybody knows a place, let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous, jeff. i've driven all over the state of virginia in the last two weeks, and seen much of the same. it's amazing how much more spring there is two hours south of here, even given how protected our climate is in the valley.

Hot Topologic said...

My spring twelve bar blues:

I'm gonna bottle me up some spring
Gonna bottle me up some
Gonna bottle me up some spring
Don't know how it's done
Gonna bottle me up some spring
Open up that bottle when winter come