Friday, October 12, 2007

Road Race

On Wednesday, I went to the biggest and closest school. There was a road race, ロード レース, that day. I didn't run in it because my foot really hurt. I think I have a stress fracture or something because my foot just periodically hurts and there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with it externally. Anyway, here are some pictures.



There are the first and second graders, who only ran around the school, basically.



There are the third and fourth graders, who ran a longer distance, along with the fifth and sixth graders, though the younger kids got a head start.



And there are the fifth and sixth graders. One of the girls in this group absolutely wailed on all the other kids and finished probably thirty seconds before the next closest kid, who himself was well ahead of the pack.



I guess the race was kind of a big deal because the kindergarteners even came over to watch. A bunch of them were waving solid colored flags, which was kind of funny to me because I knew the kindergarten probably had such flags for the sole purpose of cheering for competitions in general without supporting anyone in particular.



There were a bunch of volunteers, who were mostly old guys. I think there is a group of old guys here that do all sorts of stuff at schools, but I'm not sure. On Tuesday, a group of old guys came to the school I was at to teach the kids how to make brooms out of these reedy plants. I have pictures of that, too, but I forgot to email them to myself. Anyway, one of the old guys at the road race was videotaping the proceedings and talked to me for a bit, though not on camera. Unfortunately, old dudes are essentially impossible to understand, so I mostly just had to answer that I didn't know when he asked me questions. Ah, well. I don't really have anything else to add about the road race.

2 comments:

Potomac Rubella said...

You didn't email them to yourself, come on!

Hot Topologic said...

They're coming.