Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sanshouuo

Wow.

One of the guys in the office asked me if I had ever seen a sanshouuo before, which I didn't understand, because for some reason I never learned how to say salamander in Japanese. So, they looked it up in a dictionary, and got "giant salamander." Of course, I'd never seen one before, so we just went across town to see some that I guess had just appeared in a stream running by somebody's house. These salamanders are over a foot long. It is crazy. There were a couple of them, and they started fighting by biting each others' faces. At least I think that's what was going on. I couldn't understand the old dude, who I guess had called about the salamanders, because all old people are essentially incomprehensible, but I gathered it had something to do with eggs. Anyway, it was really cool, and I wish I had a camera.

No comments: